Monday, March 3, 2014

Open Mic

This past Friday night Jen, Jesse and I performed at an open mic! It was at a little bar in a hostel on the outskirts of Rotterdam's center, and we came with a group of exchange students from Erasmus Lodge. We'd only practiced the night before and when we arrived we saw an older duo playing the blues, pretty damn well, and I started to get a little nervous. Luckily Jesse went on solo first and played really well, singing with his guitar, and with a few beers in us we went up to the front and (dare I say) stole the show. Or at least the attention of a room full of drunk happy youths. I thought we played well considering how much we'd practiced (forgive the intonation and my sloppy solo) and props to Jen performing for the first time in front of a crowd! Afterwards I felt giddy from playing music in small group in front of a cheering crowd, something I haven't done since high school. Sometimes I forget how much I love performing with people and I felt so lucky to get to do that here in Rotterdam, since I wasn't expecting many chances to play music at all here. And the bar has open mic every month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7b4FrV_yCw&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment